Ritchie Draft Pro is a sheep, pig and lamb weigher with 3 way drafting for increased efficiency that is EID compatible and has 4-point weighing for improved accuracy.
- Sheep, pig and lamb weigher
- 2 entrance gate options are available
- 4-point weighing for improved accuracy
- 3-way drafting for increased efficiency
- EID compatible
- Choice of digital weighing heads including eWeigh and Tru-Test Electronic indicators to suit
- Can be mobile or permanently fixed
- Mesh flooring provides a cleaner and drier solution for animals
- Large diameter wheels for easy manoeuvring
- Fold-away handles
Pictures show optional extras including:
Old version downloads
Why do you need to weigh livestock such as sheep?
You need to regularly weigh animals to check whether they are healthy or not. The data collected after weighing them will give you a better understanding of when to increase or reduce their feed. Weight can be used to determine the correct amount of feed an animal can get, to avoid underfeeding or overfeeding. Weighing allows you to determine the possible values of the live animal in relation to the market price. Weight is also a key factor for veterinarians who have to dose medicine for animals. Even if farmers dose their sheep themselves it is important to weigh them to calculate the correct dosage. If the weights in your flock differ greatly, split your flock into several weight categories, giving each category its required dosage.